23 October 2007

Where to begin?

I've started a couple of blogs in the past; I started a comedy blog that got a few visitors, as well as a literary blog, which, well, got me to write a lot. But both times I felt like I was pigeon-holing myself into one niche or another, without the freedom to write about what I want. That's why when I heard Richard Pryor talking about life, and specifically racism, I knew that even though we sometimes think we're alone, we're really not alone at all. This inspired this attempt at blogging.

"Racism is a bitch. I mean white people, you gotta know, it f**ks you up, but what it does to black people is a bitch, because no matter what- it's hard enough being a human being, it's really f*****g hard enough just to be that, right, just to go through everyday life without murdering a motherf****r is hard enough, just to walk through life decent as a person."
So I hope anybody who happens upon this enjoys it. Thank you.

No comments: